Once again, we will gather to celebrate in Celebration Plaza of White River State Park in beautiful downtown Indianapolis, with the walk beginning at noon along the scenic canal loop. This family-friendly event is open to all children and adults with Down syndrome, their families, friends and thousands of local supporters. Mark your calendar for Saturday, October 11, 2014 and be prepared to have a great experience!
We, at Down Syndrome Indiana, are so grateful for the hard work and dedication of our families and friends, not just in October, but year round! To celebrate your success and reward a few that go above and beyond, we have a few Buddy Walk® incentives to ring in the new year! Best of luck!
· Each team that registers online via First Giving by Monday, September 22nd will receive a customized team sign to carry proudly as they walk along the canal;
· For every $50 a team raises, the captain is eligible to receive one (1) event t-shirt and food voucher (while supplies last) that he/she may distribute to team members the day of the walk;
· Any team that raises $5,000 by August 1st will be featured on a billboard in central Indiana this fall, highlighting their loved one and promoting the 17th Annual Buddy Walk® in Indianapolis;
· The team that raises the most money (online and offline) by Friday, October 3, 2014 is considered the “winning team” and will have their pictures featured on promotional items for the Buddy Walk® in 2015*; * The “winning team” from the previous year’s walk is ineligible to be named the first place team for consecutive years. Eligibility as a “winning team” will be re-instate the following year (2015). If the ineligible team is able to match their fundraising amount from the previous year by Monday, September 29th 2014, they will be awarded a special “VIP” area to decorate as they choose and to use as a special place to gather and celebrate at the walk in 2014.
· The top three (3) individual fundraisers will receive awards and be recognized at the Buddy Walk®;
· Additional awards and prizes will be presented the day of the Buddy Walk® for teams that show the most spirit, travel the farthest, and exemplifies the true spirit of the Buddy Walk®!
There are currently 8 teams registered for the 17th Annual Buddy Walk – that is 5% of our goal for 200 teams! Keep up the great work, and be sure to encourage your friends, family and neighbors to join us on October 11th!